Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have installed slackware and everything was fine.... i dont know what happened to my dvd-rw (liteon sohw) but when i inserted a cd-r (blank), data cd, or vcd's it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installed Slackware, can only read DVDs

i have installed slackware and everything was fine.... i dont know what happened to my dvd-rw (liteon sohw) but when i inserted a cd-r (blank), data cd, or vcd's it cant read it... but yes it can read and burn dvd's.... this is weird.... having windows xp on another HD the same thing happened.. cant read cd-r's , data cd's and vcd's... I have never encountered this problem before... for the info i never did anything stupid on my slack, i never messed with the things that i dont know and im not new to linux... please help me its really urgent... please (p.s. before i installed slackware it was doin okay on xp... i dont know what the hell happened... thanks in advance....)

I think it's a hardware problem not related to Slack or Windows,nothing wrong can damage the DVD rw,i had the same problem before and to be sure i exchanged my DVD to my friend's one just to see and everything works fine.i't can be a bad luck only not related the Slack installation.

Thanks.

im goin to the retailer of my dvd rw and exchange it to a brand new one... if it still sucks like that i dont know what else... so thank you 1 year warranty and thanks to all. i'll post what will happen next on the brand new one...

Yes please just post a message when you exchange your DVD,but i'm quite sure that it's a hardware issue.