Find the answer to your Linux question:
They worked yesterday and they work in mplayer. They will not work in kaffeine or amarok. Anyone have any idea how to help me? I don't even recall changing any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OGG Sound files stopped playing

They worked yesterday and they work in mplayer. They will not work in kaffeine or amarok. Anyone have any idea how to help me? I don't even recall changing any settings.

Post more information,for example when you try to run a OGG files with xine what is the output error? but for the instance go to /var/log/packages
    and see if you still have the vorbis-tools-1.1.1-i486-3

Just Joined!
    Well Amarok just tells me "Some media could not be loaded"

Xine tells me that "there is no demuxer plugin available to handle 'thefile.ogg' usually this means the file format is not recognized'

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    So have a look to vorbis-tools-1.1.1-i486-3 inside the /var/log/packages and see if the package is removed !

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliov
    So have a look to vorbis-tools-1.1.1-i486-3 inside the /var/log/packages and see if the package is removed !
    nah it's still there, thats why I can't figure this one out. Mplayer will play the files but no Amarok, Xine, or Kaffeine. I recall some ogg files yesterday and thats what's bothering me, i've got no other services running that should be interfaring. The only thing I can think of is if maybe with Kaffeine or another program might have changed the sound settings.

Just Joined!
    Well it's great if MPlayer works, then just grab KPlayer and you are all set. In general that is the combo that gives the best compatibility with all the different formats.