Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey, I was just wondering how you go about making another user in linux with sudo permissions and how to make it so i have a login manager. I just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Making a user

hey,

I was just wondering how you go about making another user in linux with sudo permissions and how to make it so i have a login manager. I just installed slackware and was wondering how to get new users and the boot manager. I already made a user, but nothing works when i'm logged in as him. If i log in before i start x and then try to start x, it gives me an error. Any help would be really great. Thanks.

there is a commandline tool called adduser that walks you through creation of new users. type adduser and follow the prompts.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblinux5
    hey,

I was just wondering how you go about making another user in linux with sudo permissions and how to make it so i have a login manager. I just installed slackware and was wondering how to get new users and the boot manager. I already made a user, but nothing works when i'm logged in as him. If i log in before i start x and then try to start x, it gives me an error. Any help would be really great. Thanks.
    Can you post that error ??? Tnx !!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close