Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was trying to install a xerox phaser 5400 as a network printer. I didn't see a driver for it in cups. I downloaded the driver from the Xerox site. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install Xerox Phaser 5400 as a network printer

I was trying to install a xerox phaser 5400 as a network printer. I didn't see a driver for it in cups. I downloaded the driver from the Xerox site. Where do I install the driver?

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/getf...ownload&uType=

oz
    forum.guy
    Look in /usr/share/cups/model for the ppd files.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Is that where I would extract the files to? When I was trying to install it I didn't see any thing for xerox printers.

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not at all familiar with the printer or driver, but I believe all you'll need to put there is the PPD files themselves. I'm not sure what all will come up with the extraction, but there's probably some kind of script in there that will try to put the files in the correct place for you, but I usually simply move PPD files to the proper directory, then you can select the proper driver through CUPS.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    I'm not at all familiar with the printer or driver, but I believe all you'll need to put there is the PPD files themselves. I'm not sure what all will come up with the extraction, but there's probably some kind of script in there that will try to put the files in the correct place for you, but I usually simply move PPD files to the proper directory, then you can select the proper driver through CUPS.
    PPD files is what came from the extraction.

oz
    forum.guy
    You should be able to move those files to the directory mentioned above, then restart CUPS to be able to properly choose your printer.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your help.

Just Joined!
    I recieved a error message cupsdoprint - P 'INTPRI' -j 'Install printer support Slackwar" -H localhost:631' -U 'kenton' -o ' PageSize=A4copies=1 media =A4
    orentation-requested=3' ' /tmp/kde=kenton/kdeprint_qJCl8Fur' : execution failed with message.
    client-erro-not-possible

I printed a test page which work fine. When I tried to print a document it didn't work.