Find the answer to your Linux question:
This should be an easy question for you guys... I have Slackware 11 installed with a working dsl internet connection using pppoe and a dsl modem. I bought the above ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help installing WRT54GL

This should be an easy question for you guys...
    I have Slackware 11 installed with a working dsl internet connection using pppoe and a dsl modem.
    I bought the above router so I could provide wireless in my house, and followed the simple instructions, but it does not "see" the router.

How does one tell Slackware that a new piece of hardware is ready for use? I believe that is what my problem is.

I get stpped immediately in the steps to configure it. I am supposed to open a browser window like Firefox, and type in 192.168.1.1, and up will pop an authorization window. I'm getting zilch: no authorization window, just an error page. Slack doesn't recognize that url address as anything viable.

Just Joined!
    Your network is not configured so wont 'see' the box.
    OK I think you can type, netconfig, at the console and configure it from there.
    If your keeping the boxes I.P. of 192.168.1.1, your network will also have to start with 192.168.1.X. OK X being any number from 2 to 255. Hard to explain but simple to do. See how you get on.

Stretchy.

Are you connected directly to the router or wirelessly? If you are connected directly you should be up and running just by plugging in the cable; otherwise, theres many steps to configure slackware to use wireless internet.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close