Find the answer to your Linux question:
Originally Posted by slackwalt Install Slackware 10.0 in English. Need to use Chinese characters in text editor, like Kwrite, kate. Had run " installpkg kde-i18n-zh-tw-3.2.3-noarch-1.tgz but do not know how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

chinese chars are not showing

Quote Originally Posted by slackwalt View Post
    Install Slackware 10.0 in English.
    Need to use Chinese characters in text editor, like Kwrite, kate.
    Had run " installpkg kde-i18n-zh-tw-3.2.3-noarch-1.tgz
    but do not know how to start the font editing.
    >>
    I also installed kde-i18n-zh-cn (ver)tgz - in slack8.0, but the chinese chars are not showing. All small squares
    with nos only. I hv also installed ttfonts-zh-cn, converted from rpm pkg but it din help to show chinese chars on chinese websites. Also i hv added Chinese-zh-cn in Language pref in Mozilla and its still not showing..please .. can any 'hao-ren" help me. sieh sieh..and thank u.

>>

Have a look to this site Linux chinese software there is a lot o Chinese localizing package that you can use it for kde,xpdf,.......... and some for mozilla.

hope this help

Just Joined!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by aliov View Post
    Have a look to this site Linux chinese software there is a lot o Chinese localizing package that you can use it for kde,xpdf,.......... and some for mozilla.

hope this help
    can u pls specify the name of site, or u mean search for -chinese software ?? thx..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I mean in this site there is some package to use for firefox ......., that what i do with the arabic localization.

Just Joined!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sawadeekap2233 View Post
    >>
    I also installed kde-i18n-zh-cn (ver)tgz - in slack8.0, but the chinese chars are not showing. All small squares
    with nos only. I hv also installed ttfonts-zh-cn, converted from rpm pkg but it din help to show chinese chars on chinese websites. Also i hv added Chinese-zh-cn in Language pref in Mozilla and its still not showing..please .. can any 'hao-ren" help me. sieh sieh..and thank u.

>>
    caution-caution, the more i find chinese font pkgs to install, the more i messed up my sys... until one stage i cant get back my X-windows for days.. and my fonts in mozilla became like russian??? for yr safety, better not mess up the OS too much..forget about chinese char, i go for f rench !!! la-la bonne chance.. aurevoir..!!!