Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a strange problem with a Slackware 11 computer. I just compiled a new kernel (2.6.21.1) and since, some programs takes forever to execute. mpg321 needs over 3 minutes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

strange delay durig exicution of serten program

I have a strange problem with a Slackware 11 computer. I just compiled a new kernel (2.6.21.1) and since, some programs takes forever to execute. mpg321 needs over 3 minutes to start, and gkrellm will take ti's sweet time to.
    It must be in the kernel, but I dont know what to try and change...

Thanks in advance!

So it's related to the kernel configuration , how did you configure your kernel ?

and did you try to use one of the kernels offered in the Slack DVD.

Just Joined!
    i tested the standard 2.4 kernel from the slackware 11 DVD and i didnt hav this pertikular problem den but i kuldent routhe whit thet and i had sertend adder problems whit it.

So it's clear that it's related to your kernel configuration, but how i can help you ? in any case be sure that you compile a proper kernel for your machine have a look to :

Processor type and features --->
    Executable file formats --->

Just Joined!
    i have chect "Executable file formats" and i have evrything included and i have chect and I do not thinc that it is annyfing vrong in "Processor type and features" I have checkt contles times and i dont think its is ther but if you hav any tips on anyfing to chec?

Chech if you have for example a 64 bit processor and this features is enabled in the kernel.

In any case why you don't try to use the kernel 2.17 from the Slack DVD in the extra directory .

Just Joined!
    it is an old compaq evo 500 usdt and i dont thinc anny of the standard kernels has the routing tabals i neade