Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Dropline gnome, making sure to don't install any packages twice from dropline and Slack,since it took me a while to check the installed version of gtk+,glib2,........... but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installing Drop Line gnome affect KDE

I just installed Dropline gnome, making sure to don't install any packages twice from dropline and Slack,since it took me a while to check the installed version of gtk+,glib2,........... but at the end everything went fine, when i tried to open my KDE-3.5.6 it's working well but the menu looks strange, everything changes inside and for some application when i click on them the won't start, for example kde control center ,the menu editor and some others, i still can run all these application from the terminal , any one has faced this problem befor ? it's a minor problem i know but i want to solve it, i tried to open a new user and login the same problem,the menu it's very strange and not all the program are working !!!

Any Idea

Just Joined!
    That is a common problem when installing gnome on slackware. The DLG site has instructions to fix I believe.

He is a link :LinuxPackages :: View topic - Freerock Gnome and KDE coexistance
    is not only me how have this problem, but in any case My gnome works well, i don't care two much about this problem but just i want to understand why that happen, i believe the gdm change some setting in the xinitrc.kde or semething becuase i tried to delete KDE and reinstall it again the same problem, i already removed KDE and using only dropline gnome and XFCE .

Just Joined!
    I have used both DLG and Freerock gnome. FRG is less intrusive although not always the latest desktop, but I havn't checked recently. FRG packages have been a good resource when running gnome apps independently on my standard slackware install.