Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever i go to install backtrack from CD to my hdd or just run it live cd it won't work. It comes up with a messege asking for the isolinux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

BackTrack Installation Problem

Whenever i go to install backtrack from CD to my hdd or just run it live cd it won't work.

It comes up with a messege asking for the isolinux file.
    When i checked the root directory of the iso's contents i saw that i had two folders and no autorun.inf in the root or in either folders.

Here's a pic of the iso directory if u wish to see it:
    http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7...rackisoqb9.jpg

Oh yeah im tryin to run it live cd on a windows xp hdd and install it to a no o/s hdd.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Did you burn is as a cd image or data disc? Most people make the mistake of burning isos as data discs instead of cd images.

Just Joined!
    When i put the burned cd into my pc it does just open as a folder... So i'm guessing i burnt it as a data disc. But i've done this same process with ubuntu and it loaded right.

How would i go about doing this the right way? Because i'm having same problem with PHLAK. I'm definitely doing this wrong.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Aha! My impatient ass was the cause of this. I just needed to wait about a minute or two and it started to load up BackTrack! Sorry for troubling you.