Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by aliov Basically yes ,all the bios's that i've seen in my life there in the boot priority there is cdrom,hdd,....... i know this, sorry i didnt explain ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by aliov View Post
    Basically yes ,all the bios's that i've seen in my life there in the boot priority there is cdrom,hdd,.......
    i know this, sorry i didnt explain a bit more clearly
    well to make sure that it doesnt try to boot from HDD, i just set CD-ROM as primary and disable the rest. when i want to boot back to XP i set HDd as primary boot and disable the rest. maybe this is the problem? i didnt know disabling a device in the boot order would prevent linux from recognizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo View Post
    Slack still uses the 2.4 kernel, maybe there's no support for your hardware there, it seems you want a distro made for pros. Try something like Debian or Gentoo, both use a 2.6 kernel (the same as Ubuntu, it should work) but you will need to compile the kernel for Gentoo
    Yes you right but he tried the kernel huge26.s from the slack dvd without any success ,the huge26.s made with from 2.6.x with the largest hardware support.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Sure there is a big difference between the windows and the linux kernel, basically the linux kernel affected by any change on the bios setting (that what i read from an interview with a linux kernel developer ).

But tell me know it's working

Cheers.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    i get absolutely NOTHING with those commands; so its not reading the HDD (recognizing it) because there is NO ERROR, just goes to next line in console.....so it returns nothing....

im getting 4 sata hard drives soon for RAID0, 2 for Win and 2 for linux, so i hope that will be recognized

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by overclockerAMD View Post
    i get absolutely NOTHING with those commands; so its not reading the HDD (recognizing it) because there is NO ERROR, just goes to next line in console.....so it returns nothing....

im getting 4 sata hard drives soon for RAID0, 2 for Win and 2 for linux, so i hope that will be recognized
    bump - -------------

Quote Originally Posted by overclockerAMD View Post
    bump - -------------

What,let me please know what you mean ?
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliov View Post
    What,let me please know what you mean ?
    oh sorry, i 'bumped' the thread to make it visible in the chronological order. anyway i still have the same problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2