Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all i'm having problem installing Nessus 3.0.5. I downloaded the packages for fedora core 4 and RH and tried rpm2tgz and then pktool, and it seemd ok but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    @home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria

Nessus 3.0.5

Hi all i'm having problem installing Nessus 3.0.5. I downloaded the packages for fedora core 4 and RH and tried
    rpm2tgz and then pktool, and it seemd ok but when i tryied "/opt/nessus/sbin# ./nessus-mkcert" i get :
    /opt/nessus//sbin/nessusd: error while loading shared libraries: libnessus.s o.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Executing nessusd failed. Make sure your library loader is configured proper ly
    and that nessusd is in your $PATH

I have Slackware 11 kernel 2.6.21.5
    i have successfully installed NessusClient 1.0.2
    i've search google but couldn't find a solution
    Thx in advance

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    btw, i'm sure that it can be installed on slack, because i had it on my slack 9 with older version of nessus.
    all suggestion are welcome

the RPM package provide a dependencies checking before installing the software, the slack package doesn't ,rpm2tgz it's just a script that transform rpm to tgz without providing a dependencies checking ,it's only provide a symlinks in the install scripts.

so you have to see what are the dependencies of this package in order to use it, nut it seems there is something called nesus-library that you have to install them,they are available also.

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.