Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I showed my Linux instructor the work I did in rc.inet1.conf and he told me to try a real ip address instead of the ones I set (I just used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Victory is mine

I showed my Linux instructor the work I did in rc.inet1.conf and he told me to try a real ip address instead of the ones I set (I just used 192.168.100.35 as a test) and so I did. I am using the ip address and def gateway that the school computers are using. I am posting this forum on my Linux machine and I am happy as all hell about it. I have been trying to get this working for about 7 weeks now. I think I might have a victory beer tonight. I want to thank everyone that has helped me out since i first joined this site. Everyone has been really helpful. Anyone ever use Xen? Is it a virtual console program like VMWare and Virtual PC?

you don't have to do anything on the loopback device , if iwconfig don't show you the wifi device so it still not detected , try to insert the module manually , the module should be in /lib/modules/2.6.21/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx

modprobe -v bcm43xx

and then see if iwconfig gives you something.

For Xen and virtual machines i don't know too much and i suggest to make a new topics .
    Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    I kinda figured that I should leave the loopback settings alone. As far as the modules go they are already loaded and configured. If I run ifconfig it displays all of the appropriate information and I also have a full internet connection. The only thing I have to worry about now is how to set up Network Address Translation because it is required for the project. If anyone has any info on NAT32 let me know. I'm not worried about the wifi at the moment. I am content with just having a working internet connection. I will also make a new topic about virtual consoles once I get the Xen dependencies taken care of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2