Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I''m making this entry just in case someone else follows this thread, and I want to make sure it has accurate info. I just found out at The KOffice Project ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Followup

I''m making this entry just in case someone else follows this thread, and I want to make sure it has accurate info. I just found out at

The KOffice Project - Supported File Formats (KOffice 1.6)

that Koffice is able to import from and export to both AbiWord and Gnumeric formats. I've ordered my copy of Slackware 12.0 (rather than 11) and I'll retry on the Dell after they arrive. Hopefully, if all goes well, the startx issue will be gone and I'll be able to use Slackware on this.

-Joe G

Quote Originally Posted by joegumbo View Post
    Hopefully, if all goes well, the startx issue will be gone and I'll be able to use Slackware on this.
    Sure because you have neomagic ,the driver of this chipset have been updated for Xorg 7.3 wish comes know by default with Slackware 12.

what do you mean by "Dell" , i've ordered a Laptop from US ,because i didn't find it in Europe and i can't wait.

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    Hi Aliov!

I'm not criticizing Dell at all. When I referred to "the Dell", I was referring to the rather ancient Dell laptop that I was trying use Slackware 11 on and had the initial problem with screen resolution before starting x.

Dell CP-M233ST notebook
    233-MHz Pentium

I'm sure your Dell will be excellent. Mine is still going along just fine, too. It's just that with the passage of time, of course, the hardware specs are too low for most modern OSes. So, I decided to try Slackware.

-Joe

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ah yes i see, you can try a nice small slackware based Linux called zenwalk.

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    For the record, Slackware 12 uses KDE, XFCE, fluxbox, blackbox, wmaker, FVWM (F(?) Virtual WIndow Manager) and Tab Window Manager natively.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2