Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have a computer with intel Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML, the computer is not old, but i tried a lot of Linux distro wish comes with Xorg7.1 and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML problem with Xorg 7.2 and above

Hi all,

I have a computer with intel Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML, the computer is not old, but i tried a lot of Linux distro wish comes with Xorg7.1 and below and some above that version, the problem is the performance of that VGA is bad with Xorg 7.2/7.3 ,but it works perfect with Xorg 7.1 and with beryl and compiz with very nice effet without any problem.

This is amazing since the new release supposed to fix problems, so i can assume the problem comes from the version of Xorg since i said i tried a lot of distro just to be sure !!!

Any body has a idea how to fix it ! i tried to use the driver with Xorg 7.3 from Xorg 7.1 but won't accept it !
    For me this is bad since i can't switch that computer to Slackware 12.0 wish comes with Xorg 7.3 .
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

@home...soon in your homes ;) /usr/src/bulgaria
    could it be a module issue? did you try to download software for linux from intel or from your vendor of the laptop. maybe BIOS update?