Find the answer to your Linux question:
Not enought people are seeing my thread in the 'others' sections and since I slax is derived from slackware I feel this section is appropriate. I'm running slax from a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Slax resolution problems (HELP)

Not enought people are seeing my thread in the 'others' sections and since I slax is derived from slackware I feel this section is appropriate.

I'm running slax from a usb drive and everything is working properly except for one thing. My resolution is stuck at 640 by 480. I boot from a floppy with ms-dos on it and do not get a boot prompt. When I boot up, I point dos to /boot/dos/linux.bat and it starts up slax. After that, I'm taken to a login prompt... no 'boot:' at all. Editing my xconf files dont work and i cant change it from the control panel. It only says 640 by 480. I can't find info about this problem anywhere else. Any help is.... helpful!

What kind of VGA you have ? run lspci and post the output also please could you post the xorg.conf file here .

i think your X is using vesa wish can't run more then 640x480 resolution we have to know what vga you have to proceed.

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.