Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have some GTK application written by me under Slackware 11.0,but once i update to the gcc 4.1 of Slackware 12.0 these programs (in fact some of them) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gtk+ segmentation fault with gcc 4.1

Hi all,

I have some GTK application written by me under Slackware 11.0,but once i update to the gcc 4.1 of Slackware 12.0 these programs (in fact some of them) compiles well but gives segmetation fault when executing !!!! i don't know why and what i have to do ,all my other programs (C and C++ stuff ) works well !

Any Help please.

Wish packing system you are using in your GTK programs ? it's the boxes or the tables ?

Regards.
    Linux is not only an operating system, it's a philosophy.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply, usually i use the table for packing , i always prefer that, but why ? so what can be wrong with this , i said only changing the version of the GCC makes this problem

Okay if you use tables then i guess this is your problem !

i guess also you pack a lot of widgets in your tables inside the main panel , then probably you use a loop to do this instead of writing the same line many times ( i'm not sure that you've done like this) , if yes then this is your problem, exactly i don't know why this makes difference between the two compilers, i faced the same problem ,after putting each line of code alone instead of writing a loop and the segmentation fault dissapear !

when i understand how the compilers works internally i'll try t figure out why, but i thing it's a question of stability.

Regards and hope this helps.
    Archost.

Just Joined!
    aliov, Thanks a lot for this , i split all the loop of packing widgets ,and compile again ,then programs runs perfect.

Again thanks a lot.

you are welcome, still not know why, but this happened to me when i tried to run my applications in Slackware 12 with gcc 4.1 .

Best Regards.
    Archost.