connected but could neither surf nor ftp
1. i have a new installation of zipslack v10.0, which i transferred to a linux partition from drive c: using the installation method prescribed in faqs accompanying the installation files.
2. to download and install xfree86 and many other software packages, i set up an internet connection using pppsetup.
3. when i ran ppp-go, i got the following:
root@zipslack:/# Serial connection established
Using interface ppp0
Connect ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
PAP authentication succeeded
local IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
remote IP address nnn.nn.nn.nnn
Local: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -> Remote: nnn.nn.nn.nnn ppp0
i assume the above means i got connected.
4. but when i did this: root@zipslack:/# links http://www.mozilla.org.
i got this: Error Host not found Cancel
5. and when i did this: lftp www.mozilla.org.
i got this: open 'www.mozilla.org' [Resolving host address... ]. that was how far i could go. after waiting for a long time, i just pressed ctrl+c, assuming that there was a problem.
6. can somebody please tell me where the problem lies? with the above, it looks like that i really got connected but i could neither surf nor ftp. thanks in advance!