A few (hopefully simple) questions
Okay, I have a few questions (hopefully with simple answers):
1. How can I have a script execute at startup?
2. How can I have someone auto-login?
3. How can I have it so when you su, it doesn't ask for a password but just auto goes to root?
4. How can I change the default hostname (from darkstar)?
By the way, I am using no X, therefore no WM. This all has to apply to the CLI.
Re: A few (hopefully simple) questions
1. Place it in /etc/rc.d
Originally Posted by bryansmith
3. For example, to allow users in the wheel group to do this, place this is /etc/pam.d/su:
4. Edit /etc/hostname, and make sure to add a line containing
auth sufficient pam_wheel.so use_uid trust
If you want the change to be immediate, use the hostname command.