need assistance in OPENOFFCE for slackware
guys here is the situation:
1. i downloaded openoffice from their site.. checked the md5sum; its matched.
2. converted ALL .rpm to .tgz
3. i have already installed all components
4. when i try to open the MENU UPDATING TOOL, openoffice was not there.
5. i tried opening through CLI, here is the output:
/opt/openoffice.org2.0/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
is the error in xorg.conf? (but i have not encountered this thing when i started KOFFICE and other apps)
OOO from linuxpackages or zen mirrors
i agree with ozar, above. i have loaded OOO (and other apps) from linuxpackages for my slackbox 10, and my zen 2.8. i look there, first for slackpkg needs. the zen mirrors also have a prepackaged OOO made for your zenbox in current/extra. good stuff, like lame, xmms are found there, too :)