Not able to play videos
After upgrading to slackware-current version I am unable to play video files using any of the applications (xine,gxine,dragon player) while using kde (4.2.4). However if I switch to other window manager like Xfce everything works fine.
Is there anyway I can get this working in kde?
That is strange.. try playing a video through the terminal and see if you get any errors.
When I play a video file in kde the video is blank but the audio works.
I tried playing a video file from the terminal using xine,gxine and dragon player in kde and xfce.
1. xine :- exits with an error
X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 134 (XVideo)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 ()
Serial number of failed request: 1990
Current serial number in output stream: 1991
2. gxine :- only audio with some warning
3. dragonplayer :- only audio with some warning
1. xine :- Works without any warnings or error.
2. gxine :- Works with some warnings (warning same as that in kde)
3. dragonplayer :- Works with some warnings (warning same as that in kde)
It is working now.
The videos are working when I disable the desktop effects in kde.