So I threw in a lamp setup when I installed slackware a while back, and apache worked flawlessly. Mysql needed a little configuration, but I figured that out without too much hassle. Unfortunately php is giving me all 5 flavours of trouble.
php4.4.4 came with the install, and no php scripts would work in the browser. I simply got the code echoed back onto the page. After a bit of fighting, I decided to take out 4.4.4 and install 5.2.3 myself from source. At least then I would know what settings and whatnot were selected. so after a slapt-get --remove on the 4.4.4 and a guide and an hour for the 5.2.3, the make + make install seemed to work perfectly.
So I go to test phpinfo() in my htdocs, and again, nothing. in fact, when I try a php -v I still get 4.4.4 as a version number, even though i had removed it.
So now im thinking I have 2 versions of php, both only half installed, and neither are fixable via slapt-get. I just want SOME version of php to work, and it would be nice to be able to purge the other from my system. (I'm a stickler for perfection of some degree, and having piles of stuff that dosnt work lingering really bothers me)
Any ideas? I know I havent really given much solid system information, but again, I dont know where to start.
have a look to the /var/log/packages and see if the version 4.4.4 still there remove it by removepkg php-4.4.4 after that to compile your own from the source code i thing it's better to apply the prefix
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-mysql (with the other needed options)
make && make inst
make sure that you have the /etc/rc.d/rc.httpd executable
but do this after removing your own last package ,so if you still have the source go there and do: make uninstall
ok, despite make uninstall not working, this has been a lot of help. I successfully removed 4.4.4 and installed 5.2.3. php -v confirms it.
Originally Posted by aliov
I still havent been able to see it in action, however, on my server despite following instructions found here: PHP: Installation on Unix systems - Manual
apache is still just regurgitating the code plaintext.
I'm sorry ,i have no problem with php,and i did exactly what the link that you post everything works for me without problem :-|
hrm. well now that i got php4 out, I could try taking it all out and starting from scratch. I might have scewed up along the way...
EDIT: OK, so following the instructions, everything except steps 14 and 15 work.
LoadModule php5_module libexec/libphp5.so
to the httpd.conf throws an error when i restart apache.
apachectl configtest gives:
Cannot load /usr/libexec/apache/libphp5.so into server: /usr/libexec/apache/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: sqlite3SelectDelete
in fact, a slocate libphp* gives nothing but:
so I'm completely lost as to what to do.
I ran into this problem but found the file here:
However now I'm getting another error when trying to start Apache:
undefined symbol: apr_pool_cleanup_null
Researching that one now.
I ended up updating to the latest package of Apache then I had to do a sym link because it couldn't find libexpat.so.1 but now it seems to be working fine.
I encountered the same problem a while ago. The thing that surprised me was, I outlooked the commented line "#Include /etc/apache/mod_php.conf" in the httpd.conf. Apparently the whole configuration needed to parse PHP scripts are in the mod_php.conf file (the AddModule & LoadModule for example).
Just uncomment the line and see if it solves the problem.
CMIIW. Just want to help. :D
Thanks for the help, but between me asking about php and now I changed OS's lol. I'm now playing around with debian.
Originally Posted by silhouette
When I get around to it, I'll see if I can get this to work on my new system.