Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm stuck! I downloaded Azureus, I've got it to work fine but I have no idea on how to use it. Is it like Limewire where you can search for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Azureus

I'm stuck! I downloaded Azureus, I've got it to work fine but I have no idea on how to use it. Is it like Limewire where you can search for a song or is it just a program to sort your torrents? If so, what program can I install so I can download music? Any help will be much appreachiated, thank you.

In KDE I use ktorrent should be installed by default I think.

Just Joined!
    I've got Ktorrent but that's basically the same as Azueus, I want something with a UI like Limewire, I want a search bar where I can type in a name of a movie or a song and I will get search results.

Works for me in latest ktorrent. I use smart to manage my programs it includes repositories that are not normally included in Yast. I find smart faster and easer to use then Yast. So I might have a newer version of ktorrent then is available on the official Suse repository. But if I recall ktorrent always had a search but in the older version you had to open it. In the newest it is on the tool bar

Just Joined!
    I use VuzeBeta form Vuze by Azureus - High Definition Movies and Videos. It's a new version of Azureus and it has a pretty cool search bar. The only thing is - you must have JRE 1.6+ installed.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxDemoNxX View Post
    I've got Ktorrent but that's basically the same as Azueus, I want something with a UI like Limewire, I want a search bar where I can type in a name of a movie or a song and I will get search results.
    Hey there, first of all azureus is kind of different from the usual downloader, in it you download from different sources at the same time but to make it so you need to have a torrent file (for example crysis.torrent) wich is a very small file (no more than 500kb), this file can be dowloades from several pages (torrentspy, demonoid, fulldls, etc), and all you have to do is open the torrent file with azureus, then you will see a file been downloaded. Just for the record, I have an AMD duron 650mhz, 256mb ram, and ubuntu 6.04 and I downloaded with azureus around 380Gb in 6 and a half months.
    If theres anything I can help you with please feel free to mail me sergioxela@hotmail.com

AFAIK that is how they all work. Or am I missing something

If you want something like LimeWire, why don't you just use LimeWire?

Just Joined!
    AFAIK, what it means?

As Far As I Know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast