Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK... I don't seem to be able to find anything online talking about how to change the time format... so, instead of displaying 08:00 AM or 08:00 PM it simply ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Display military time (24 hour format)?

OK... I don't seem to be able to find anything online talking about how to change the time format... so, instead of displaying 08:00 AM or 08:00 PM it simply displays 08:00 and 20:00. The AM and PM seem like such an absolute waste of space on the menu bar and I just prefer setting my clocks for a 24-hour format, when possible.

I mean, I would think that you should be able to, but I have searched through every configuration menu and tried to find out where I would set that and just can't find anything.

Also if there would be any way to change the format it displays the date in that would be great... personally I always preferred YYYY.MM.DD for dates too (or YYYY/MM/DD, if necessary) just because I always use that in spreadsheets and stuff...

Thoughts? Thanks!

oz
    forum.guy
    In KDE, right click on the clock in the panel, choose Date & Time Format, choose Time & Dates...

I'm not using Gnome, and don't remember how to change it there.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Hrm... sorry, I should have explained that yes, I am using KDE. OK, I have made the changes there, but even though I have HH:MM:SS, without the AM/PM, selected for the time format, that is not what is being used for the system clock on the K-Menu.

How do I make the clock on the K-Menu display it in the selected format?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    How odd... a reboot (or restart of the clock, probably) fixed it, it seems. Just seemed odd since changes on whether or not to display seconds were instantaneous, I figured other changes would be too. Strange...

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Windaria View Post
    How odd... a reboot (or restart of the clock, probably) fixed it, it seems. Just seemed odd since changes on whether or not to display seconds were instantaneous, I figured other changes would be too. Strange...
    Yes, some changes dealing with clock require a reboot or new login. Glad you got it working the way you want!
    oz