Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was trying to set up an application so the screens would open maximized. I went to the down arrow at the left top of the title bar with the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lost title bar with buttons

I was trying to set up an application so the screens would open maximized. I went to the down arrow at the left top of the title bar with the balloon that says "Menu." Then to Advanced>Special Application Settings and marked some items that referred to Maximized. Now the title bar has disappeared in that application only and I can't retrieve it, therefore I can't change the settings I made. I unloaded the application and killed the files in /home and reloaded. I still have the problem. I am using open SuSE 10.3.

Banned
    Hi.
    Play around with your mouse:
    Click on the left or right mouse-button and see what sort of pop-up windows appear.
    You might find a menu and application, etc, to configure what you need.
    Mostly, right mouse-click, etc., choose application form menu, etc.

...Just a guess, and only my "two cents". - Play and try. Learning by doing. Courage.

Kind regards,
    Alexander

Just Joined!
    I have tried all that. I've clicked everywhere. I thought by unloading the application and killing the files in /home that I would reset everything back to normal. That didn't work. There has to be a config file somewhere in the root directory that I need to locate and change. Thanks for your help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    Hi,
    I think, you are on the wrong track.
    Killing files, is definitively the wrong way, and not the solution.
    Backup your files and data. Have updated backups of your data/files.

You will have to wait and be patient, till other members come up with some good advice.

In the meantime, don't break or wreak, kill, or delete anything. Stay cool.

Watch tv in the internet: "blips.tv". - Later look into the forum, if anyone has responded to your request/problem.

Best regards,
    Alexander

Just Joined!
    Alexander (Lordshooter), thanks for the advice. I have played with Linux for about 10 years and SUSE for about 3. Many times I have just had to reload. Just last week I had a system problem that could not be solved and I just reloaded the whole system. The whole process took only about 4 hours. I had spent 2 days trying to figure out the problem. That's one of the nice things about having the root and home directories on separate partitions.

BTW, I don't watch TV. Rots your mind!

Banned
    Hi.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Casper might be able to troubleshoot your problem.

"blips.tv" only shows videos in the Internet, and most of them are just fantastic.

Cheers,
    Alexander

Just Joined!
    I got it. I went to kcontrol>desktop>Window Specific Settings and deleted the entry for that app.

Thanks.