Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I've installed SuSe Linux 9.1 Personal over FTP. Now I'm trying to build a rpm of gnugadu*. I've got the source archive and checked that the source archive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

making rpm from source.

Hi all.
    I've installed SuSe Linux 9.1 Personal over FTP. Now I'm trying to build a rpm of gnugadu*. I've got the source archive and checked that the source archive has a spec file. It has. So now I tried
    Code:
    0x50c40c7c:/home/xodeus # rpmbuild -ta gg2-2.0.3.tar.gz
    fejl: linie 4: Ukendt mærke: %bcond_with********arts
    0x50c40c7c:/home/xodeus #
    and got the output you see. Can anyone tell what I've done wrong and what I've to do to get it to work? I need a clean env so I tried to build an rpm that could tell me about dependencies. But I can't. Please help...

(GNU Gadu is an "Instant Messenger" program created to work with protocols popular in Poland (but not only). This program is based on extensible plug-in idea, also graphical user interface (written in GTK+) is a plugin. We support Gadu-Gadu, Tlen.pl and Jabber protocols currently. )
    Read more @ http://www.gnugadu.org/index.php?lang=en&page=news

Just Joined!
    I apologize if I lead you astray, but I suspect that the code which reads "%bcond_with arts" means that you need to have "arts" installed for the package to compile correctly, or, you need to find the option which disables "%bcond_with arts" and install without arts. If the package requires arts to run properly, then you must install arts, then try again to compile GNU Gadu.

Just Joined!
    But I have arts installed and running on my system! So... I don't know?

http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

This link will help you rebuilding rpms from source files.

Good Luck
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.