Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have been a linux user for quite a few years now, but ran in to a problem while trying to install 9.1 on my PC. At the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

suse 9.1 installation problem

Hi all,
    I have been a linux user for quite a few years now, but ran in to a problem while trying to install 9.1 on my PC. At the moment I am running 8.2 on my gateway with radeon graphics card and philips 190B tft monitor. When trying to install 9.1 from cd I get the installation menu (normal, safe settings, manual etc.) and after making my selection and pressing enter the kernel is loading. But after that event my screen turns black and the system just doesn't seem to boot. I have the feeling it has something to do with the graphics card or monitor. When I install from the same cd on my laptop things work fine. Any ideas of what to change or do about this?

try pressing ctr alt backspace (not delet) and see if its a xserver problem.... also, didi you md5sum the iso's?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    I don't think xserver is the problem. At this stage of the installation there is no xserver available yet. i did checksum the iso, which was correct and the cd works on my laptop, so that's is okay. I have just upgraded my BIOS and will see if that could make any change

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close