Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got win xp in one partition and Suse 9.1 in another, but ever since I installed suse, my win xp does not work. I've tried to config Grub, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux does not boot

I've got win xp in one partition and Suse 9.1 in another, but ever since I installed suse, my win xp does not work. I've tried to config Grub, but it still doesen't work. My linux does not recognize the NTFS partition. How can I make my win xp work again???

This was one question. Mine is:

Hi,

I got the exact problem only reverse. I had Windows XP on it. But it didn't work so I installed Linux Suse 9.1 on the other partition. So now everything was working fine so I installed Windows XP over the one that didn't work. Now Windows is working fine but I can't reache Linux.

At first there always came a menu when I started my comp up. I could choose between Linux and Windows.

Now the comp goes straight to Windows.

How can I reach Linux??

Thanks for the help.

pc

i dont remember the answer, but this is a common problem, i know there were at least 3 threads on it already solving it, try searching the forum and using google.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

e2k
    Just Joined!
    Sounds as if Windows has overwritten the MBR with it's own bootloader. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you should reinstall GRUB by booting your computer with the installation CD and entering the Recovery mode.. Install GRUB from there, and everything should be fine.