Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Someone said it isn't a problem with the CD because it had an error at 40% of the resizing and partitioning, and not 40% at installing. What I'm going to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Someone said it isn't a problem with the CD because it had an error at 40% of the resizing and partitioning, and not 40% at installing.

What I'm going to try it this: rebackup all my files, and delete the folder that it hung at. Then I'm going to do ScanDisk and Defragment, and after that I'll try and use SuSE to partition my hard drive and then install it.

Should I run ScanDisk and Defrag in Safe Mode or not?

Thanks.

Ok, well thought I'd post 'ere just to say I've everything working now, except the modem!

Turned out my HDD was HEAVILY fragmented, even though I only defragged it four days ago. Turned out too one of my folders was corrupt. :-/

Oh well, at least I've linux working now. When I get the modem working I prolly won't use Windows anymore :P

Just Joined!
    I don't know anything about modems...
    Well, all that's left to say for me then is: congratulations and have fun!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Thanks.

Yup, I really like Linux. If I can get me modem working, I won't need Windows anymore. :P
    I've already moved over a load of files and folers, and am very happy with Linux so far. I've also started a few projects, and I can't see any reason to go back to Windows. Linux does 'em all just as good, if not better!

Very happy so far, and with a working modem I'll be ecstatic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2