Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey. I just installed the xfce desktop on suse 9.1 personal, but as you know, it only comes with KDE since it's the free version. So How would I switch ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

XFCE4

hey. I just installed the xfce desktop on suse 9.1 personal, but as you know, it only comes with KDE since it's the free version. So How would I switch to just use the xfce desktop? when i boot, it automatically goes into kde 3.2. anyone know?

Ok, I'm in Windows currently so my directions may not be 100% but you can do either of the two:

1) Log off, but only the session. Then select XFCE when you log in again (You select it from going to Menu and then System I think).

2) For a permanent thing, go to YaST, System I think it is, and edit the system information (It's the icon to the LEFT of editting the boot loader information). There you must change either the Window Manager or Desktop Manager to XFCE - I'm not 100% sure, sorry.

Hope this helps

Linux Engineer
    in boot up of the pc if you don't want to autologin in order to have the ability to change to another desktop environment use yast2 ->security & users->groups->expert options->login settings..it will work i think..
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    Thanks! That's good to know. By the way, your signature is hilarious

Linux Engineer
    don't you like it?
    Linux For Ever!