Find the answer to your Linux question:
I mean, if I open a terminal and after a while something has been printed to the screen, how can I find out the history of STDOUT? If there a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Does anybody know how to list history output of STOUT

I mean, if I open a terminal and after a while something has been printed to the screen, how can I find out the history of STDOUT? If there a command line to type or a place to find the outcome? I remember I did it one time, but now I cannot recall anything...

Is anybody aware of this ? Thanks.

I'm not sure whether all terminal output is logged by default. You can initiate a command (let's say nano) for example and put the output to a new file.

For example: nano > file1.txt

However you can review your own input by pressing the up arrow or using the history command or checking the contents of ~/.bash_history

Just Joined!
    Yes, I see. So there is no a common command to view the output. Is it possible to config a univesal command for each terminal to show the STDOUT output? Maybe that's case of the system I used before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lingchen View Post
    Yes, I see. So there is no a common command to view the output. Is it possible to config a univesal command for each terminal to show the STDOUT output?
    I am sure with Linux's versatility there are various ways with batch scripting being the most probable, but you'll have to search Google for that or ask some of the more knowledgeable guys around here if they could give you an example bash script or additional help.

Regards