Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just installed Suse Linux 9.0, And I m not able to use the button between CTRL and ALT...... It s a joke!!! But really, I m not able to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Keyboard configuration

I've just installed Suse Linux 9.0, And I m not able to use the button between CTRL and ALT......
    It s a joke!!! But really, I m not able to use ALT ? I m a french canadian and I really need this button to write my text correctly. I set the keyboard configuration in YaST on Francais (Canada) but, It s still doesn t work.
    I m a newbie in the linux world, so I need some help, could you?

Thank you very much.

run either SAX2/SAX or if you are more comfortiable with the use of the CLI (command line interface) then run xfree89conf ig or xorgconfig or x86config
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

:S

Thank your for your awnser, but I'm a newbie with linux and I don't really understand what you mean. First I don't know what's SAX2/SAX and I'm not sure of what's command line interface, is it Run command in the start menu, if yes I tried the three command which you say but for all, the system reply that these command aren't found....

I know I'm very green in the linux world but I wan't to learn it because I'm bored of Windows... and Microsoft.

I thank you in advance for your help and pardon me for my poor english, I'm french canadian who want to upgrade his english language skills.

SAX and SAX2 are both programs that suse uses to configure X server (the guts of graphics in linux) basicaly look in YAst for something about input devices or X11
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    1, open cli xterm or Terminal (to find under K-Menu/sytem) and type "su" to become root. Give the root password.
    2, type sax or sax2 (sax2 is graphical!!) and find where you can change the Keyboard settings.