Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by yota83 but then again they do just hire yahoos off the street that dont know how to do anything other than read from a step by step ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by yota83
    but then again they do just hire yahoos off the street that dont know how to do anything other than read from a step by step manual for trouble shooting.. any monkey in a space suit could do that!
    Hey, I went to school with some of those monkeys! :P Seriously though, a lot of otherwise intelligent computer science and IT people (many with college degrees like myself) are stuck doing these sorts of jobs these days, unfortunately. That's not to say all tech support guys are intelligent (heavens no, I've talked to some REAL simians in my day).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by yota83
    but then again they do just hire yahoos off the street that dont know how to do anything other than read from a step by step manual for trouble shooting.. any monkey in a space suit could do that!
    Hey, I went to school with some of those monkeys! :P Seriously though, a lot of otherwise intelligent computer science and IT people (many with college degrees like myself) are stuck doing these sorts of jobs these days, unfortunately. That's not to say all tech support guys are intelligent (heavens no, I've talked to some REAL simians in my day).
    yeah i know there are some great ones out their but it seams that neer every time i get one on the phone they are usless.
    thats why when you get a good one, you take down their name and extention.
    then when you call back you ask for them and them only, sit on hold for an hour and get the problem fixed in 15mins.
    then youre good and you did it in the same amount of time that it would have taken with a monkey and a fraction of the frustration.

thats usually my method for the madness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2