Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
You may need to install the wireless-tools package first. This should be available through YaST. Here's some info on it, after you get it installed. iwlist - Detailed information from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

You may need to install the wireless-tools package first. This should be available through YaST.

Here's some info on it, after you get it installed.
    iwlist - Detailed information from Wireless Interface & Wireless scan in Linux | SUSE & openSUSE
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

I found the firmware binaries needed for Intel PRO/Wireless in the OpenSuse repositories and installed them and my Wi-Fi works now. This message was sent via Wi-Fi!!!

Thanks for sticking by me mate!
    Wouldn't have don this without your help

Cheers

Linux Guru
    This is good news!

This was the reason that I asked for the output of the dmesg | grep firmware command. When it doesn't give any output, that usually means things are OK. I guess I should have had you look more closely, as you would have had this fixed much sooner.

Ubuntu includes this firmware by default, and I thought that Suse did too. I think that we both learned something on this one!

Well, enjoy your wireless connection. It sure makes using Linux much more enjoyable.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    It sure does!

Thanks again Paul
    Good night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2