Find the answer to your Linux question:
the Kmail addressbook files, and the Firefox bookmarks stored, whether encrypted or not. I want to save mine on a CD for permanent reference. Ta. BTW How do I take ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

where are....

the Kmail addressbook files, and the Firefox bookmarks stored, whether encrypted or not. I want to save mine on a CD for permanent reference. Ta. BTW How do I take the rpm files and their auto loader(called?), and make my own DVD of my system with the updated files for easier re-install as needed, pls?
    2.6GHz Celeron, 1GB, 160GB, 128Mb SuSe11.2; PCTV, GBit eth0 on P4PE, 10/100 eth1 <Ride to ride again>.

Quote Originally Posted by 44139 View Post
    the Kmail addressbook files, and the Firefox bookmarks stored, whether encrypted or not. I want to save mine on a CD for permanent reference. Ta. BTW How do I take the rpm files and their auto loader(called?), and make my own DVD of my system with the updated files for easier re-install as needed, pls?
    Hi!
    For the Kmail files, I would suggest you use terminal/konsole to look in your /home/username directory, they will be hidden files and you can view them with the ls -la command. Look for filenames like .kmail or .mail, I do not use Kmail so I am not perfectly sure of the file names.
    For the FF2 bookmarks you simply need to open FF and click on Bookmarks>organize bookmarks>file>export to a file and save it to where ever you like. For FF3, you need Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>one of these tabs has a Backup Bookmarks option, click that.

I'm not sure what you mean about the RPM files and autoloader, can't you just create a CD with an ext3 filesystem and save all your downloaded RPMS to that?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.