Find the answer to your Linux question:
can totem play .avi files? which player should i get for .avi and .wav files? i haven't watched one video in suse after the installation and i am really upset. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    t28
    Just Joined!

Question .avi file

can totem play .avi files? which player should i get for .avi and .wav files? i haven't watched one video in suse after the installation and i am really upset. i wasn't able to get mplayer from pacman site as my suse version is old i think, it has downloads for 10.2 and above. vlc i couldn't install because of missing dependencies

AVI files are a common video format. Totem will play them, but you'll have to install the proper codec first. You should be able to play WAV files just fine, however. What program were you attempting to play them in?

What version of SuSE are you running?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

t28
    Just Joined!
    my suse version is 10.1 , i have not been able to play any .wmv or .avi files in totem till now, i got the good and base codecs from my suse cd but it has not worked. where can i get the exact codec for .avi and .wmv formats for totem?

Quote Originally Posted by t28 View Post
    my suse version is 10.1 , i have not been able to play any .wmv or .avi files in totem till now, i got the good and base codecs from my suse cd but it has not worked. where can i get the exact codec for .avi and .wmv formats for totem?
    Oh, WMV. Your original post said WAV. Here's one way to get the codecs set up:

Linux Multimedia
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants