Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi.. I have DELL PowerEdge T300 64 bit. I want to install Suse Linux version 10 32-bit. But since DELL server admin puts only Suse Linux 10 64-bit can be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Suse Linux 10 32-bit In DELL Server 64-Bit

Hi..
    I have DELL PowerEdge T300 64 bit. I want to install Suse Linux version 10 32-bit. But since DELL server admin puts only Suse Linux 10 64-bit can be installed, is there any solution to install the above 32-bit suse linux version 10 to install in this DELL Server.
    It would be better if i can get a solution for the above.

Sudharsan

Hi and Welcome !

64bit machines support 32bit OS and I don't think you will face any problem doing that. I have installed 32bit OS in my 64bit machine.

Have you tried to install SuSe?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Content Team
    I am running Suse 10 32bit on a bunch of DellPowerEdge 840's. The issue will be more with Dell support then with Suse. Dell did go and certify the 840 to run Suse 32 bit for us.

If you are using the Dell admin CD to install the OS, don't install from the Suse CD/DVD. We also typically delete the Dell diag partition as well. You really don't need it, at least we never have.

It runs fine.