Find the answer to your Linux question:
I had windows xp sp2. I installed suse 10.3 and it was working fine. the i installed a fresh copy of windows xp sp2. when i restarted it booted directly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

boot problem in suse 10.3

I had windows xp sp2. I installed suse 10.3 and it was working fine. the i installed a fresh copy of windows xp sp2. when i restarted it booted directly into windows. I inserted the suse 10.3 dvd and as said in one of the help manuals which came along with it i tried to use the new installation-> repair->yast... well something like that. but it didn't work.
    Then I just tried new installation-> update. After a while it restarted and the menu with options came:
    1.open suse 10.3
    2.windows
    3.suse failsafe
    4.suse xen(something like that and this came after I used the update option from the dvd).

now when I get into any of the three it asks for root password and once i enter it it log in and something comes up as
    rescue~#

i am able to see my files and all but how do i make the login proper as before?

(repair filesystem) # fdisk -l

when i used the command fidsk -l; something like this came up.

Disk /dev/sda: 40 GB...

Device Boot start end blocks id system

dev/sda1 * 1 1275 7 HPFS/NTFS

dev/sda2 f W95 Ext'd(LBA)

dev/sda5 7 HPFS/NTFS

dev/sda6 7 HPFS/NTFS

dev/sda7 82 Linux swap/Solaris

dev/sda8 83 Linux

dev/sda9 83 Linux

dev/sda10 7 HPFS/NTFS

I didn't include all the details because I thought these shoud be sufficient.

Linux User
    OP's prior post on problem: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sus...ot-loader.html

"devils casper" is still waiting for infor at link above.