Find the answer to your Linux question:
New to all this and want to try KDE I am using SuSE 11.0 the OS was installed with GNOME and now want to try KDE. OS loaded from disc. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

switching from GNOME to KDE

New to all this and want to try KDE I am using SuSE 11.0 the OS was installed with GNOME and now want to try KDE. OS loaded from disc.
    Thanks

Open YAST and go to software management. Search for KDE. You can install KDE 3.5.10 which is rock solid and has a gazillion customization options,
    or KDE 4.1 which is the newest version and has many exciting new features (but is not as mature as 3.5.10) or you can install both!
    At the login screen you will have the option to select Gnome, KDE 3.5.10 or KDE 4.1

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by L4Linux View Post
    Open YAST and go to software management. Search for KDE. You can install KDE 3.5.10 which is rock solid and has a gazillion customization options,
    or KDE 4.1 which is the newest version and has many exciting new features (but is not as mature as 3.5.10) or you can install both!
    At the login screen you will have the option to select Gnome, KDE 3.5.10 or KDE 4.1
    Thanks I tried this and found that Yast would not open? I used the correct password and then system just waits as if its not there. Should Yast open within a minute or so?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    That is not good!

I'd recommend you try doing a repair from the installation Disk

Jim