Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using rEFit to boot up suSE 11.0 from DVD on Mac OS 10.5 all start ok and then the " Boot From Hard disk option" hangs (why?) at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing suSE 11.0 on Macbook OS 10.5 problem

I am using rEFit to boot up suSE 11.0 from DVD on Mac OS 10.5 all start ok and then the " Boot From Hard disk option" hangs (why?) at the black screen with flashing cursor reason. After aborting this I start again and choose "Installation" I select all the recommendations from the install and at 50% of the final INSTAL the following message is displayed.

Error occurred while installing GRUB, GNU grub version 0.97 (640k /over 3072k upper)
    [Minimal bash-like line editing is supported. for the first word, TAB lists possible command
    completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a Device/Filename]
    Grub> Setup --stage2 = /boot/grub/stage 2 (Hd0,2) (Hd0, 2)
    Error 22: No such Partition
    Grub> Quit

I have no experience in working in root files etc. Is there a simple pdf of the help page to explain how fix this.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Here's a link to the Grub Manual which would be good to at least review.

GNU GRUB Manual 0.97

Error 22: This error is returned if a partition is requested in the device part of a device- or full file name which isn't on the selected disk.

As a starting point to get some assistance, use your Opensuse CD, load into memory and open a terminal/konsole window, log in as root (type "su" or "su -", without quotes) post the output.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your help on this, however I just don't have an understanding of the Linux system on Macbook so I will leave it. I am surprised as it loaded fine into a PC with XP with no difficulties.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close