Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm trying to install OpenSUSE 11.1 using a live CD I burned from the official site. It all seem to go well then throws up a command line prompt. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OpenSUSE 11.1 stalling at command prompt during live cd installation

Hello,

I'm trying to install OpenSUSE 11.1 using a live CD I burned from the official site. It all seem to go well then throws up a command line prompt. If I enter my normal sign on ID it then rejects my password. If I enter root, it seems quite happy and waits for another command.
    Can anyone tell me what I should enter to encourage my machine to complete the installation at this stage?
    If the answer is to use the DVD instead, I'll need the exact wodim syntax to burn the DVD ISO image as K3b has a 4GB size limit and the DVD is 4.2.
    I'm currently running OpenSUSE 10.2 on a Dell Inspiron 1300 with a Celeron M processor.

Many thanks in advance,
    Craig

Linux Guru
    At what point in the installation do you get the command prompt? What happened immediately prior to this? Are you doing a new installation, update of prior Opensuse?
    Do you have any other OS's on the machine? If so, what are they? Assume you have something as you refer to your
    normal sign on ID
    . In addition to this information, I would suggest you run the command "fdisk -l" from the installation CD to give partition information to post here. If you are not familiar with commands, post again.