Find the answer to your Linux question:
My last and final thing I can't get configuired right, Monitor to 75hz not 59hz What ever I do My monitor always displays 60hz. Is it even possible ? One ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

possible to get 75hz on SyncMaster 940BW ?

My last and final thing I can't get configuired right, Monitor to 75hz not 59hz

What ever I do My monitor always displays 60hz.

Is it even possible ? One thing I read is that DVI-->DVI is true digital and it only goes 60hz, But why is my Vista*cough* run fine at 75hz ?

Just Joined!
    Have 1440x900 60Hz. but want 1440x900 75Hz?

Do you have a Nvidia 3D driver?

You probably have tried Administrator Settings, Hardware. Graphics Card and Monitor without effect.

Open a terminal and as <su>, use the command <sax2 -r> and you will reconfigure the X window manager. During the process you should be able enter an expert or choose self or own driver function. If your monitor is not there, choose one with 1440x900 with 75Hz. I have done this, but not recently, and don't remember the name of the last stepping stone. Your screen has a rate of H 30-60, V 56-75. I would check when finished to see that the rates are within limits at the resolution you desire, doing this on the screen itself to see what it reports. On my CRT there is a button.

I expect that this procedure will set the base rates on which both the Graphics Card and Monitor or the Nvidia driver settings rely when making their adjustments.

None of this is irreversable, and should cause no harm if you don't overdrive the rate, but is at own risk. In practice, can you see or feel a difference between 60 and 75Hz? Good Luck.

Yeah I figuired it out, hehee, I had to pick LCD->1440x900@70hz in sax2 to let the nvidia driver put it too 75hz, I'm all good now

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close