Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a laptop that had SUSE installed on it from the factory, a Lenovo T61 but I need Windows XP on it for some things. Well I downloaded the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kind Of A Big Prolbem

I have a laptop that had SUSE installed on it from the factory, a Lenovo T61 but I need Windows XP on it for some things. Well I downloaded the Live CD, booted from it and re sized my sda3 partition a little bit smaller. Well I pop in the Windows XP install CD and it says it cant find hard drive at all, so I was thinking thats strange so I boot to SUSE and its saying it cant find my hard drive either, so Im thinking well Im ****ed. I know its there, but I just dont know what to do to fix it. If I boot directly from the hard drive its saying partition table is messed up or something along those lines.

If you need any more details or anything please let me know, thanks for any help.

Something is wrong with partition table. Boot up from PartedMagic LiveCD and run TestDisk. It will fix partition table.
    In case it doesn't sort out problem, post the output of fdisk -l command here.
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Try formatting your whole hard drive, afterwards first install Windows XP (enter how much place you want to use for it), and after that install SUSE. I had the same problem, and this resolved it.

Good luck!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close