Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Folks, Installed latest version of Suse with Gnome dtm and installed Apache, php, JDK, Netbeans. Restarted machine and boot hangs at 'Starting jexec services' and wont go any further ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Newbie jexec Boot problem

Hi Folks,
    Installed latest version of Suse with Gnome dtm and installed Apache, php, JDK, Netbeans.
    Restarted machine and boot hangs at 'Starting jexec services' and wont go any further even in failsafe.

HELP - how do I fix this so i get a bootable machine again??

Cheers for any help.

Hi and wellcome to the forum! Did you look here?

Cheers!
    Registered Linux user #471256
    http://counter.li.org
    Don`t give up so easy...
    calin

Just Joined!

Sorted - well kinda

Cool - thanks for the link - makes sense.

I actually had a dig around an hour ago and found that this jexec is installed by the JDK and auto fires class files off during the boot process - I updated the JDK with Netbeans - here lies the culprit.

I booted the machine off the CD and into Rescue mode, mounted the drive, created a temporary folder in the mounted drive and moved the file jexec from /etc/init.d to the temporary folder.

Heyy Machine booted clean - apart from a jexec warning - but all sw is working OK, even Netbeans - debugger and all so dont really know what the jexec was loading anyway.

Wll have a bit more of a dig around to find out more and post it back up in case others come across it.

Thanks again

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close