Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just installed OpenSuSE 11.1 today, and I'm trying to get Opera working. I've downloaded the rpm from their site, but it comes up with the error: Failed dependencies: libqt-mt.so.3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Opera not installing

I've just installed OpenSuSE 11.1 today, and I'm trying to get Opera working. I've downloaded the rpm from their site, but it comes up with the error:

Failed dependencies:
    libqt-mt.so.3 is needed by opera-9.63-2474.gcc4.shared.qt3.i386
    I've had a look around with Google, and so I installed the qt libraries, but it still doesn't work.
    Any ideas (I really don't like FF...)?

It is best to install things from the repositories via Yast-Software-Software Management. You should not try to install from source unless you really know what you are doing. Yast will resolve all dependencies.

OTOH, if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have resolved the missing dependency (which if done manually, YaST will not know about and therefore not acknowledge), you can select "ignore unresolved dependency - just here" in your resolution options.

This is not typically the best way of doing things, and may or may not work for you, and could possibly cause problems in the future (esp. during upgrades). Ignore dependencies at your own risk.