Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone tell me if a Linux server using Samba is added to a Windows Domain network, how can I configure Samba users? I tried connecting it to Windows LDAP, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Samba Users

Can anyone tell me if a Linux server using Samba is added to a Windows Domain network, how can I configure Samba users?

I tried connecting it to Windows LDAP, it connects succesfully, but it dissapears from the network, if I leave it using local users it doesn't recognize any user I put in, I tried using only the username and password and noticed that it automatically put the domain before the username, so I put linux-server\username as username and still nothing.

Not even with root it will let me browse the folders in it (it does show me the shared folders).

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Linux User

Just Joined!
    I tried it but even though I can see the domain name as a field to log in, when I try to log in it says username or password incorrect.

Any idea why?

I also noticed that when I edited /etc/security/pam_unix2.conf

The lines said
    call_modules=winbind

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    What domain server are you using? Iknow there are problems connecting to AD domains that make life difficult. Samba started life in the old WinNT world and works fine for NT4 domains and workgroups.
    Have a look at the samba docs or the opensue support for AD and adctive directory.

Just Joined!
    This one is a Windows Server 2003 domain controller

Linux User
    Have a look at the samba docs. Try this one:
    Chapter*6.*Domain Membership