Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have this wierd problem with amarok 1.4 i just installed it on opensuse 11.1 i just realised there is no option too change the database for scanning files so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

amarok collection scan

i have this wierd problem with amarok 1.4 i just installed it on opensuse 11.1 i just realised there is no option too change the database for scanning files so its obscenely slow and i cannot even get it too scan my music

Are you trying to change where it is scanning? It's usually under Tools > Configure Amarok > Collection.

I apologise, that is actually on the Settings menu.

I see you have the Windows directory marked to be scanned. This might be your answer. Amarok can scan FAT32 or NTFS drives manually but it won't auto-update when new files are added. I've had this problem in the past with my Dad's PC.

I'm not fully understanding your problem though (sleepy head, sorry). Am I getting near the mark with the Windows filesystem bit?

well my problem is that i cannot change the database
    Echoes: A Guide to Amarok 1.4.9.1
    check here you will notice that on the collection scan page there is an option too change database (i know you already know this) any way my problem is that i wana change the database from sqlite too mysql cause mysql is faster i have used it before when using openSUSe 11 and it worked well even scanning the windows folder it took about 5min too scan my 40gig music collection and autoupdated when i made changes but now 6 hrs later its only on 22%