Find the answer to your Linux question:
i installed suse linux enterprise desktop 10 successfully.. now i have a problem of connecting it to internet,, im usiing Acer Aspire 6930 laptop,, network card is not detected automatically.. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

network connection problem in Suse linux enterprise desktop 10

i installed suse linux enterprise desktop 10 successfully.. now i have a problem of connecting it to internet,, im usiing Acer Aspire 6930 laptop,, network card is not detected automatically.. then i tried using Yast tool available with this linux.. i tried to configure manually then also its not getting detected.. my network card is also not available in list specified in that applet for configuring automatically..

what should i do now to connect internet ,, pls help ...

Older Linux + Newer Laptop = insufficient modules likely.

Do you have the Windows drivers available? You might be able to get the card running via the NDIS wrapper.

Just Joined!
    whats NDIS wrapper??

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The NDIS Wrapper (package ndiswrapper) is a configurable network module that can be pointed to a Windows INF file that contains further info about the network drivers for your card. Basically, it makes Windows Ethernet drivers work on a Linux computer.

A "Complete Guide" is available, written for Ubuntu but the concepts can be carried over to SuSE.