Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I installed opensuse just yesterday. I am having issues with the wireless network. I have a intel 5100AGN wireless card. I see from the network manager that I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless Issue with Opensuse 11.2

Hi,
    I installed opensuse just yesterday. I am having issues with the wireless network.

I have a intel 5100AGN wireless card.

I see from the network manager that I have connected to the wireless network. I says active if I move the mouse over it. I can also see the info about the driver and the network it has connected to .

all the commands come back showing the the card is working fine

the commands being dmesg, iwlist scan, iwconfig

Also, I am able to use the internet if I logged into the computer as a root. but not as a normal user.

Under normal user, mode, i could connect to the internet when i chose the ifup mode in the network devices.
    Can anybody suggest what to do to make this work.

Linux User
    If you right click on the network manager icon, you can set up your wireless. Use the 'enable for all users' option.

Linux Guru
    In previous versions of Suse, you needed to configure the wireless in YaST. I don't know if 11.2 is this way, but make sure it is using DHCP, and that the default gateway is your router's IP address.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.