Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I just gave that a shot and it went to the loading kernel paragraphs and went straight to a black screen and stayed like that for ages and not booting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I just gave that a shot and it went to the loading kernel paragraphs and went straight to a black screen and stayed like that for ages and not booting or doing anything.

Can you tell me where the Ubuntu '/boot' folder is on the sytem? I was assuming it was in the Ubuntu root partition which appears to be on /dev/sda1 and grub would see this as hd0,0. This where it looks first to find the vmlinuz and image file.
    Also make absolutely sure that I have the kernel designation correct(vmlinuz 2.6.28..etc). This will be in the Ubuntu partition in the /boot folder.
    Pete

Just Joined!
    The filename is "vmlinux-2.6.28-11-generic" and when I click properties to view the /boot folder's destination, it's at: /media/7c9d3f89-10bc-44e6-acd5-b6c5b4aa6d46

I also changed the UUID line to match the string of characters like above because I think I either copied or type them in wrong when I posted about it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The filename is "vmlinux-2.6.28-11-generic" and when I click properties to view the /boot folder's destination, it's at: /media/7c9d3f89-10bc-44e6-acd5-b6c5b4aa6d46
    I think you'll find that should be vmlinuz.
    In which case, I can't see why it doesn't work if your entry in 'menu.lst' reads exactly as I wrote it.
    Opensuse still comes with grub legacy so I can't see how it could be grub2. If you do have grub2 try 'update-grub' from a terminal (you may need to have root privilege).
    However, I do not have grub2 so I can't be sure that this won't wreck what's left of your grub entries.
    Pete

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure how I have it either since I thought when I downloaded it the other day, it probably wouldn't be the updated grub.
    But thank you for your help anyway. I really appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2