Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I suggest you try installing grub to the root partition of openSUSE and try setting up dual boot with Windows bootloader example here ... Supergrub can be used to restore ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I suggest you try installing grub to the root partition of openSUSE and try setting up dual boot with Windows bootloader example here ... Supergrub can be used to restore code to MBR for either Windows or Linux boot.

If Windows will boot up and shutdown the PC correctly once you restore the Windows bootloader code then you will have the answer ... and if it does not then the issue is not grub

Just Joined!
    I'll try to look at the drive and maybe change the boot location. I'm new at Linux, so it may take me a while to figure it out. I thought it booted with GRUB in the MBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
    The reboot always worked with XP, it's just now that I am dual booting that it will not work and I have to switch the machine off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
    I thought it booted with GRUB in the MBR.
    Grub will be in the MBR at present, restore Windows bootloader code to the MBR will put Windows boot back to how it was. If you still have the problem then the issue is not Grub. SuperGrub makes it easy to set system to boot from either Windows bootloader or Grub.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Normally it does but MS likes to screw with stuff.

Just Joined!
    Well, when I rebooted with XP, it went through and repaired some files with chkdsk. Everything seems to be working ok now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2